Tuesday, October 20, 2009

A new start on the Wii train

Today I started an exercise routine. Simple enough...right?

Riiighhht.

But, when I contemplate what seems to be an insurmountable amount of weight to lose, and get discouraged with the fact that I have gotten away from myself, it doesn't seem so "simple". However, in the middle of my routine, when I thought, "I am going to die", the Holy Spirit gently prompted me with this verse:

"Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. For consider Him who endured such hostility from sinners against Himself, lest you become weary and discouraged in your souls." (Hebrews 12:1-3 NKJV)

I'm sure when Paul wrote Hebrews he wasn't thinking of Deanna and her weight issues! I'm pretty sure he didn't say to himself, "this one is for that middled aged lady named Deanna, about ready to give up on her Wii Biggest Loser workout routine". However, the amazing thing about God's word is that it applies to life, as you experience it now. And, in various different aspects and applications at different times! This passage has sustained me many times when dealing with other life battles and it most certainly applies to starting my Biggest Loser Wii fitness exercise routine. I will consider "Him" when I'm sweating, and shaking, and aching, and moaning, and groaning, because that is just what needs to be done. God has been gracious in granting me a clean bill of health certificate, but the warning signs are there that the expiration date is nearing. I need to take action. Period.

As stated earlier: this journey is definitely going to be continued! Glad to have you along for the ride!





2 comments:

  1. That's why it's called "the Living Word"...

    Hang in there, baby! Slow and steady will win the race - one pound a week = 52 pounds at the end of a year!

    And I don't think this is a lame start! You've started - and that's more than I've done!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you! What fun it will be to keep up with your antics online. Good for you. You are a wonderful, witty writer with much to share.
    I think I shall remain anonymous for now, although I am sure you know who I am.

    *

    ReplyDelete