Sunday, October 18, 2009

Lazy Sundays

I love days like today. After a very tiring and busy week, I informed Emily we would be staying home today, not going anywhere...including church. Now, I don't like making it a habit of skipping church, but I could not bring myself to get behind the wheel of the van one more time. We all slept in. I managed to bake muffins, clean up the garden, play with the piggies and dogs, make pizza for dinner, and chocolate mousse for dessert. John was able to watch his football games, I got to cook and Emily just enjoyed being a lazy kid for a day.

Even though we missed church and the pie social, it was a wonderful, family day of rest.

Now the God of peace be with you all. Amen (Romans 15:33)

My first huckleberry/blueberry lattice topped pie attempt! It was yummy!




No comments:

Post a Comment